- The tour is for groups of tourists or an individual tour.
- The length of the excursion route depends on the amount of excursion programs and your wishes.
- The trip can begin by the hotel or another place by arrangement.
- Excursion can be carried out in your own vehicle or one provided by us.
What is important to know about the excursion:
The duration of the excursion (without regard to travel time) is from 5 to 6 hours.
The length of the route is about 150 km one way.
Our sightseeing tour will take place in the Guba region, which is famous for the amazing beauty of its mountain forest landscape, the amazing "Tengya" canyon, the famous Gechresh forest, and the impressive waterfall at the mountain village of Afurdzha. We will visit the settlement of Fyatyalikhan, the former settlement of Krasnaya, or in Jewish Sloboda, a mono-national place where the unique traditions of the Azerbaijani Jewish people, also called the Mountain Jews, are preserved. Also we will get acquainted with the architectural sights and monuments of the late Middle Ages, and the ancient mosques of the city of Guba, which was founded in the 18th century and is the horticultural center of the republic.
The excursion program is filled with interesting facts and sights. Our specialist guide with great knowledge of history, geography, art, culture and rich work experience will tell you a lot of interesting things.
Spend your vacation with AzerbaijanTrips. We will be glad to deliver you the most vivid and positive experiences!
Cash Payment on the day of excursion
Cancellation possible 24 hours before starting the excursion
During the guided tour route you will visit and see:
- Memorial to the victims of the genocide committed by the Bolshevik-Armenian killing squads of the Baku Commune in 1918.
- A picturesque mountain forest road and the village of Gechresh.
- Exotic Tengin Canyon on the mountain river Valvalachay near the village of Tengya-Alta.
- Magnificent Canyon of the Gudialchay River, an attractive high Finger-shaped "Minar" rock at the eponymous recreation zone, an extreme zigzagging section "Dal-Gabag" on the mountain road "Guba-Khinalig".
- Settlement “Fatalikhan”, the former village of the Krasnaja or Jewish Sloboda. Mono-national place, where the unique traditions of Azerbaijani Jews, the so-called Mountain Jews, are preserved. Visit several restored synagogues.
- The ancient bridge over the river Gudialcai between the city of Guba and the village of Fatalikhan (Krasnaya Sloboda).
- Afurdzhinsky waterfall. Its height is 37 meters.
- Lunch at one of the local restaurants. Our guide will gladly recommend you typical ethnic cuisine at reasonable prices.
- Acquaintance with the city of Guba, local culture and life. Sightseeing of the most interesting spots.
- Cathedral 8-sided "Juma mosque" of the XVIII century with a new minaret in Turkish style of the XIX century.
- The mosque "Sakina Khanum", founded in 1854.
- Mosque "Ardyabil", built in 1897
- The Akhund Mosque, built in 1909
- Carpet factory "Gadim Guba"
- Workshops that produce famous Guba sweets "Guba pakhlava " and "Guba Bukmasy".
- Memorial to the Genocide victims of the Azerbaijani people of 1918, near the city Stadium.