Car/walking tour around the capital of Azerbaijan - Baku city
- The tour is for groups of tourists or an individual tour.
- The length of the excursion route depends on the amount of excursion programs and your wishes.
- The trip can begin by the hotel or another place by arrangement.
- Excursion can be carried out in your own vehicle or one provided by us.
What is important to know about the excursion:
- Duration - from 4 to 5 hours.
- The length of the route is about 30 km.
Modern Baku is the largest cultural and industrial center of Azerbaijan, and one of the most visited cities, striking with the beauty, charm and grace of a first-class resort. You will get acquainted with the rich history of the city, seeing the most impressive objects of cultural heritage and modernity.
Our tour will take place at the main sights and monuments of the city of Baku. You will visit the observation deck at its highest point. From here you will see the amazing beauty of the panorama of the city, and the seaside boulevard, the sea harbor of the Baku bay. Then you will visit the memorial complex on Shekhidov Avenue, dedicated to the victims of the Soviet repression of January 20, 1990. You will see the Memorial Rotunda with the Eternal Flame, and the Alley of Honor, where prominent Azerbaijani figures of culture, science, literature, art, Heroes of the Soviet Union, politics, and revolutionaries are honored. Next we will go to the historical medieval part of the city "Ichary Shyhar", where the monuments of the architectural and historical heritage of Baku are located. You will stroll through the narrow streets of a medieval city dating from XII - XX centuries. You will see the peculiar architecture of apartment houses, workshops and artisan shops. You will have the opportunity to visit antique shops, art galleries, including "Nur" and "Ali Shamsi", the locations of the popular movie films "Amphibian Man" and "Diamond Arm". Further on our excursion will take you to the palace complex of the Shirvanshahs of the 14th - 16th centuries. You will get acquainted with the history of the main building, monuments of material culture, jewelry decorations, everyday objects, ancient weapons, national clothes, and Azerbaijani carpets. You will also look at the inscriptions on the stones, ancient tombstones of various denominations, the mausoleum of the scientist-sheikh Seyyid-Yahya Bakuvi, the Gate-Portal of Sultan Murad, the Palace Shrine and the Mosque, and the remains of the Palace Bath.
The excursion program is filled with interesting facts and sights. Our specialist guide with great knowledge of history, geography, art, culture and rich work experience will tell you a lot of interesting things.
Spend your vacation with AzerbaijanTrips. We will be glad to deliver you the most vivid and positive experiences!
Cash Payment on the day of excursion
Cancellation possible 24 hours before starting the excursion
During the guided tour route you will visit and see:
Travel on the main highways, streets and avenues of the modern part of Baku, visiting the main sightseeings of this amazing city.
Alley of honorable burial of famous personalities of the country and Memorial Alley "Shyakhidlar Hiyabany".
- Baku Upland Park, an observation deck with a panoramic view of the city and the sea harbor of Baku Bay.
-National Flag Square
- Medieval part of the city "Ichari Shahar" and the archaeological site "Archeopark".
- The main fortress Gates of the medieval city "Gosha Gala Gates", fortress walls and the Tower of "Jabby Khan", a former medieval arsenal.
- Complex of the Palace of Shirvanshah XV-XVI centuries.
- Cathedral "Juma" mosque of the XIX century. And an ancient minaret.
- Mosque "Makhyammyad Abu-Byakr" with the minaret of "Synyh Gala" XI century.
- Remains of the small caravansary "Khan caravansary", nowadays - the restaurant "Art Garden" with a small number of Picture Gallery.
- Tower temple "Gyz Galasy" VII BC. - XII centuries. ("Hunzar Gala", "Maiden Tower") with an exposition of the local historical Museum.
- Medieval Baths and the "market area" of the XV - XVI centuries.
- Bath "Gasym bai hamamy" ("Shirin su hamam"), now the "Green" Pharmacy in the area of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland.
- Complex of medieval caravansaries: "Moltani" and "Bukhara" currently a restaurant "Karavansaray", as well as a two-story caravansary "Gasym bey", now the restaurant "Mugam Club" and antique shops.
- Medieval memorial and cult square "Fistiyya", according to another version of "Syratagly".
- Square with the monument of the poet Ali-Aga Vahid at the fortress gate "Tek Gala Gapy".
- The arcade "Syarataglu"
- "Fistiyya" II-XVIII centuries.,
- Carpet, souvenir, antique shops, handicraft workshops, art galleries, including "Nur" and "Ali Shamsi"
- Complex of the Shirvanshahs Palace.
- "upper" courtyard, "Divanhanya", mausoleum of Shirvanshah Halilullah, the main and residential building of the Palace;
- the "middle" courtyard, the mausoleum of the scientist-Sufi of the Order "Hyalvityiya", "Seyyed Yahya Bakuvi"
- The locations of various episodes from well-known Soviet movies "Secrets of the Baku Fortress", "Doctor Aybolit", "Teheran-43", "Amphibian Man", "Diamond Arm" and others.
- The main gates of the Fortress on the square "Ganjlar Mejdany", which are the exit from the Medieval part of the city "Ichari Shahar" and other sightseeing objects.
More about the objects on the route of the excursion: :
Boulevard of the White City
Cultural Center named after Heydar Aliyev.
Museum of Contemporary Art
The square at the metro station "Sahil" and Rashid Behbudov Street
Heydar Aliyev Square
the new Boulevard "Winter Garden".
Azerbaijan Academic Drama Theater.
The square near the monument of Hussein Javid
Scientific and Student Town.
Hussein Javid Avenue
Alley of Honorable Burial.
Square at the National Parliament, Mejlis.
Nagorny Park, Alley of Shaheeds and Panorama of the city.
National Flag Square
New Sport Parkway.
Metro "Ichari Shahar" and Prospect Istiglaliyyat.
Square near the monuments of Nizami Ganjavi and M.A.Sabir.
The Baku-Port Center.
Modern building of the Catholic Cathedral.
Monument to Shah Ismayil Hatai.
Monument of Mehdi Huseynzadeh.
Water sports center.
The Governor's Garden.
Shopping and entertainment center "Park Bulvar".
The main Gates of the medieval Fortress "Gosha Gala Gapy".