Hunting the Caucasian (Dagestan, Oriental) ram is a real test of strength, a worthy challenge to the hunter from Mother Nature. It is a difficult task, even for the experienced hunter.
Despite their fairly large dimensions (length of the body reaches 165 cm, height 78-109 cm, live weight of males 120-150 kg.) rams have an unusual grace. They dwell in the Caucasus Mountains at an altitude of 2000 to 4000 meters above sea level in hard-to-reach places on the rocky mountain slopes. The animals are very cautious and only in the early morning descend to grassy slopes and meadows where you can catch them. In the summer about 20 roam in packs, in winter they combine into larger herds. The external senses of the ram are well developed, because of this it is difficult to approach them. They can see and hear very well, and they have a perfectly developed sense of smell. They can notice a person at a fairly large distance, and the smell of a stranger is felt from hundreds of meters away. In case of alarm, they make a sharp whistle, which serves as a signal for the whole pack.
Having allowed at least one mistake, such as making unnecessary movement or making noise and being discovered, the hunter will not have the slightest chance to shoot accurately at the target. Therefore, the hunt for them is considered one of the most difficult in the country. The average range of the shot is 250-350 meters, hunting season: June - November, recommended: August - mid-October.
Hunting for the eastern ram with AzerbaijanTrips is a real five-day adventure in the Caucasian mountains, organized in the best traditions. The accompanying team consists of highly professional hunters. During the hunt we will create the most comfortable conditions for you and provide everything necessary.
Upon arrival in Azerbaijan, we will meet you at the airport, assist in the preparation of documents when going through customs for firearms. After we will go to the hunting lodge where you can rest, then you will go to the mountain camp where preparation and discussion of hunting will take place. From this place we will begin the hunting route. At your disposal will be a team of 4 people, including the chef. To climb the mountain peaks horses are provided.
You will spend an unforgettable time surrounded by picturesque nature on the most beautiful slopes of the Caucasian ridge and enjoy the search for animals. Our team guarantees you the presence of the Caucasian ram, but we warn that the path is rather complicated and requires endurance. For you there will be only be an accurate shot at the target! We wish you good hunting and the biggest trophy!
Cash Payment upon arrival
Cancelable up to three days before arriving
Terms & Conditions
- The rooms and rates are subject to availability at the time of booking / confirmation.
- Hotel, sightseeing, meals and transfer rate might change with prior email notification.
- Date changes after the reservation might affect the final price.
- Hotel check-in time is from 14:00 onwards and check-out time is at 12:00.
- In case you choose cash payment method upon arrival please confirm your trip dates by sending us the confirmation to email@example.com.
Meeting at the airport and transfer to the hunting house.
- Rest at the hunting house.
- Meeting with a group and huntsman.
- Discussion of the hunting program.
- Dinner at the hunting house.
- Overnight at the hunting house.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Jeep trip to the mountain camp.
- Settlement in the hunting lodge.
- Lunch time.Our cook will cook the most wonderful national dishes from meat and fresh vegetables.
- Preparation for hunting, shooting weapons, discussion of the hunting plan.
- Free time.
- Overnight stay.