A walking tour in the historical medieval part of the city of Baku - "Ichari Shyhar"
- The tour is for groups of tourists or an individual tour.
- The length of the excursion route depends on the amount of excursion programs and your wishes.
- The trip can begin by the hotel or another place by arrangement.
- Excursion can be carried out in your own vehicle or one provided by us.
What is important to know about the excursion:
- Duration - from 1,5 to 2 hours.
Excursion to "Ichari Shyhar" or "Inner City" is a unique walk through the most ancient historical part of medieval Baku. The composition of residential buildings, fortress walls, defensive towers, a palace complex, mosques, a complex of caravanserais and other architectural monuments of the old city, preserved to this day, is the most valuable cultural heritage of the country's population. Today Ichari-shekhar is a historical and architectural reserve, included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Further our excursion will take place in the palace complex of the Shirvanshahs of the 14th - 16th centuries. You will get acquainted with the historical medieval exposition of the main building, monuments of material culture, jewelry decorations, everyday objects, ancient weapons, national clothes and Azerbaijani carpets. Religious inscriptions on the stones-stone "glyptic", ancient tombstones of various denominations, the mausoleum of the scientist-sheikh Seyyid-Yahya Bakuvi, the Gate-Portal of Sultan Murad, the Palace Shrine and the Mosque, the remains of the Palace Bath. Also you will walk along Primorsky Boulevard, see the main sights of the city embankment, visit Baku Mountain Park, observation deck with a panoramic view of the city and the sea harbor of Baku Bay.
After the excursion you can have a lunch in one of the many ethnographic restaurants of the medieval part of the city, where you will be offered dishes of Azerbaijani national cuisine. Our guide will recommend nice reasonable restaurants.
The excursion program is filled with interesting facts and sights. Our specialist guide with great knowledge of history, geography, art, culture and rich work experience will tell you a lot of interesting things.
Spend your vacation with AzerbaijanTrips. We will be glad to deliver you the most vivid and positive experiences!
Cash Payment on the day of excursion
Cancellation possible 24 hours before starting the excursion
During the guided tour route you will visit and see:
- Medieval part of the city "Ichari Shahar" and the archaeological site "Archeopark".
- The main fortress Gates of the medieval city "Gosha Gala Gates", fortress walls and the Tower of "Jabby Khan", a former medieval arsenal.
- Complex of the Palace of Shirvanshah XV-XVI centuries.
- Cathedral "Juma" mosque of the XIX century. And an ancient minaret.
- Mosque "Makhyammyad Abu-Byakr" with the minaret of "Synyh Gala" XI century.
- Remains of the small caravansary "Khan caravansary", nowadays - the restaurant "Art Garden" with a small number of Picture Gallery.
- Tower temple "Gyz Galasy" VII BC. - XII centuries. ("Hunzar Gala", "Maiden Tower") with an exposition of the local historical Museum.
- Medieval Baths and the "market area" of the XV - XVI centuries.
- Bath "Gasym bai hamamy" ("Shirin su hamam"), now the "Green" Pharmacy in the area of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland.
- Complex of medieval caravansaries: "Moltani" and "Bukhara" currently a restaurant "Karavansaray", as well as a two-story caravansary "Gasym bey", now the restaurant "Mugam Club" and antique shops.
- Medieval memorial and cult square "Fistiyya", according to another version of "Syratagly".
- Square with the monument of the poet Ali-Aga Vahid at the fortress gate "Tek Gala Gapy".
- The arcade "Syarataglu"
- "Fistiyya" II-XVIII centuries.,
- Carpet, souvenir, antique shops, handicraft workshops, art galleries, including "Nur" and "Ali Shamsi"
- Complex of the Shirvanshahs Palace.
- "upper" courtyard, "Divanhanya", mausoleum of Shirvanshah Halilullah, the main and residential building of the Palace;
- the "middle" courtyard, the mausoleum of the scientist-Sufi of the Order "Hyalvityiya", "Seyyed Yahya Bakuvi"
- The locations of various episodes from well-known Soviet movies "Secrets of the Baku Fortress", "Doctor Aybolit", "Teheran-43", "Amphibian Man", "Diamond Arm" and others.
- The main gates of the Fortress on the square "Ganjlar Mejdany", which are the exit from the Medieval part of the city "Ichari Shahar" and other sightseeing objects.
- Upland Park, Alley of Sheykhids, Memorable Rotunda with Eternal Flame, Alley of Honorable Burial.
- Primorsky Boulevard, Flag Square and sightseeings of the main waterfront of the country.